Bananas for Banana Bread! March 10, 2016
We are absolutely BANANAS for banana bread. You may remember our post from a few months ago where we shared an amazing gluten-free banana bread muffin recipe stuffed with bright raspberries?
Delicious? Yea, we know! We made them here in the HelloFresh test kitchen and barely got the plate out the door before we were attacked by hungry co-workers. A dozen lasted less than twenty minutes!
Because that first post was so well-loved (and the result was SO delicious!) we decided to share another recipe brought to us by our team across the pond. Nadine, from the UK HelloFresh office, makes an amazing banana bread that we knew you would enjoy. Instead of raspberries we’re adding bright blueberries into the mix the liven up the flavor. With the addition of subtle coconut ingredients replacing plain oil and white flour, this breakfast/dessert is a non-stop adventure. Traditional breads, move over and make room, there’s a new kid in town!
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 vanilla pod
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Coconut flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 pinch of salt
some chocolate nibs (depending on your own taste)
1-2 handful of blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350° two-sided heat
2) Mash bananas with a fork, add the eggs and combine well
3) Heat up the coconut oil a little bit, so you can blend it better with the banana-egg-mash
4) Add all the dry ingredients (exceptt the blueberries) and mix it all until you get a good texture
5) Use some extra coconut oil for the baking form and pour the mash into it.
6) Add the blueberries in the middle of your banana bread and slightly push it into the dough so they won’t burn in the oven
7) Bake for around 45 minutes until it’s golden brown. If the bread is still too wet inside cover with aluminum foil to keep it from burning
Leave a Reply