Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread September 22, 2013
Happy Fall! Now that it’s officially fall, we cannot wait to hook you up with loads of seasonal ingredients that everyone loves: squash, apples, and of course, pumpkin. And since we don’t often get a chance to share some of our favorite sweet recipes with you, we think today is the perfect excuse to share this beloved recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread adapted from Big Girls Small Kitchen
makes 1 loaf
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup raw cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking power, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and oil until combined.
4. Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir in pumpkin purée until combined. Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
5. Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through and tender in the center.