July Magazine: Stuffed Chicken on The BBQ
Last month’s colorful Guac Salad becomes this month’s Stuffed Chicken on The BBQ with just one added ingredient: chicken! Be sure to keep an eye out for next month’s magazine to see how we’re transforming this recipe into something completely new for the third time with yet another special ingredient.
- 1 Ear Corn
- 2 6-Ounce Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add corn. Cook 10 minutes, then remove, let cool, and cut kernels off the cob.
- While the corn is boiling, slice chicken breasts horizontally, leaving one side attached to create a pocket. Season both sides with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Dice bell pepper, tomato, and red onion.
- Add juice from half the lime, in addition to the corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper, adding oil if mixture seems dry.
- Stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture. (PRO TIP: to keep the filling from spilling out, use toothpicks, a kebab stick, or twine to hold the chicken together.)
- Grill over medium heat until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink, about 20 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
- While the chicken is cooking, blend avocado, cilantro, and remaining lime juice until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding a splash of oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Once chicken is done, remove from grill, dispose of any sticks, and top with avocado sauce.