4 Easy Red, White, and Blue Recipes July 1, 2019
Smell that? That’s the wonderful, joyous smell of
our Grilling Box freedom! That’s right, Independence Day is mere days away. It’s time to adorn every patriotic piece of attire you have and gather friends and family to celebrate, appreciate, and remember all the things that make this country great. This is the year to come out swinging, with these 4 easy red, white, and blue recipes that are patriotic enough to make a bald eagle proud. Let’s get to it!
1. Jello Shots
Ready to start your first red, white, and blue recipe? Add a bang to your July 4th celebrations with these layered jello shots! This is a picture-worthy, patriotic party pick-me-up (say that ten times fast) you can’t go wrong with. Unless, of course, you make this red, white, and blue recipe upside down. Pro tip: Start with blue!
- Blue Layer:
- 3 oz Package Berry Blue Jello
- ½ Cup Vodka
- White Layer:
- ½ oz Plain Gelatin
- 1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup Vodka
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- Red Layer:
- 3 oz Package Strawberry Jello
- ½ Cup Vodka
- Whipped Cream
- Blue Layer: Dissolve jello in one cup boiling water. Stir in ½ cup cold water and ½ cup vodka. Divide between plastic shot glasses, filling each one about ⅓ full. Let set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before adding the next layer.
- White Layer: Dissolve plain gelatin in one cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup vodka, and 3 TBSP lemon juice. Divide between shot glasses, topping the fully set blue jello layer, filling each glass ⅓ of the way. Let set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before adding the next layer.
- Red Layer: Dissolve jello in one cup boiling water. Stir in ½ cup cold water and ½ cup vodka. Divide between shot glasses, topping fully set white layer, filling glasses almost full. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When all layers are set, top with whipped cream and enjoy!
2. No-Cook Mascarpone Berry Tartlets
We love a no-cook treat. These tartlets are berry easy to make (I’m not sorry) and are bite-size but flavorful, taking full advantage of seasonal fruits.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Mascarpone
- 3 TBSP Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Packages (15 count each) Phyllo Tartlet Shells
- Kosher Salt
- Using a stand or hand mixer beat heavy cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Add mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a small pinch of salt and continue to beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Place mascarpone whipped cream in a large ziplock bag and cut off one corner. Squeeze filling into phyllo tartlet shells.
- Top each tartlet with a blueberry and raspberry or quartered strawberry.
3. Red, White, and Booze
Let’s get back to the fireworks…and the booze! This is a celebration, after all. These colorful cocktails are made to drink responsibly, because why would you want to ruin such a masterpiece?
- 1 oz Tequila – A Blanco Is Preferred For Optimal Color
- ½ oz Cranberry Juice (Or Pomegranate Juice)
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- ½ oz Vodka
- ¼ oz Blue Curacao
- Watermelon Balls/Raspberries/Blueberries For Garnish
- Fill a highball or rocks glass with ice. The larger the cubes, the better!
- Add 1 oz tequila and ½ oz cranberry juice.
- Add ½ oz lime juice, ½ oz simple syrup and ½ oz vodka
- Layer ¼ oz Blue Curacao to create the red, white, and blue color separation.
- Garnish with watermelon balls/raspberries/blueberries on a skewer.
4. Watermelon Feta Blueberry Salad
Hey, kale? Take a seat for a second buddy, because this 4th of July needs a refreshing salad in the red, white, and blue uniform. Watermelon salad with feta and blueberries, come on down!
- 1 Seedless Watermelon
- 1 lb Feta Cheese
- 2 Pints Blueberries
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Bunch Mint
- Salt + Pepper
- Cube watermelon into 1-inch cubes. Pro Tip: For added summer flair grill the watermelon (in slices) first, over high heat, then cube.
- Cube feta into ½-inch pieces.
- Pick mint leaves from stems, roll into a stack, then cut into ribbons.
- In a large bowl gently stir together watermelon, feta, blueberries, and mint. Season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Want to take your July 4th up another notch? Pair your 4 easy red, white, and blue recipes with one of our Grilling Boxes! Click here to learn more.