Almond, Date, & Chocolate Smoothie December 22, 2016
Is it possible for a drink to taste like the holidays? Because this one sure does. Get the recipe for our deliciously simple and surprisingly guilt-free chocolate smoothie below…
Using only five ingredients, we made a frothy chocolate smoothie that combines naturally sweet dates with nutty almonds and a banana to thicken it up a bit. Unlike milkshakes or lattes, which are loaded with saturated fat and sugar, this holiday wonder contains mainly mono and polyunsaturated fats (those are the good ones) from almonds. It’s also chock-full of fiber, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Impressive, we know. But it gets better! This stunner comes with 12 mg of caffeine for a subtle energy boost to fuel your last-minute holiday shopping spree. Take THAT milkshake!
Almond, Date, and Chocolate Smoothie
- 1.5 Cups Almond Milk
- 1.5 Large Bananas
- 6 Chopped Dates
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cacao
- Slivered Almonds
- Place the almond milk, bananas, chopped dates, and cacao in a blender.
- Blend until ingredients are equally distributed and creamy, adding more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into two glass jars and top with slivered almonds.
- Optional: Add a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or cacao.
Need some cookies to munch on while you sip your smoothie? Have fun with these three recipes before cookie season ends (just kidding, cookie season never ends).