An Easy Homemade Granola Recipe To Jazz Up Breakfast January 22, 2019
Add some crunch to your early-morning routine with an easy, make-ahead homemade granola recipe.
This classic and deliciously crunchy granola is doctored up with protein-packed nuts and seeds, warming cinnamon, and sweet dried fruit. To bind everything together, there’s coconut oil and either honey or maple syrup. And of course a dash of warming cinnamon, too.
Granola has a preeeeeety long shelf life (about 6 months), so feel free to double or triple the recipe to stock up for 2019. Use it in place of cereal, as a yogurt or smoothie topping, or simply as a standalone snack. And feel free to customize, too. Don’t like pecans? Walnuts would work perfectly. Want to add more seeds? Try sesame, hemp, or flax.
Homemade Granola Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2/3 Cup Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Dried Fruit (raisins, goji berries, apricots, figs)
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. Combine oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry, and stir to combine.
5. Spread mixture onto cooking sheet(s) lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes, then remove from oven and mix.
7. Bake until golden brown, an additional 10-12 minutes.
8. Remove and set aside to let cool.
9. Stir in dried fruit, then transfer to an airtight mason jar.
Speaking of granola, ever tried making homemade granola bars? They’re surprisingly simple!
Leave a Reply