10 Reasons We Love Limes January 20, 2017
Oh, limes, how we love thee. Let us count the ways…
1. They add an extra “oomph” to plain old H2O
A kick of acidic tang is exactly what you need to elevate water from drab to fab and hydrate like a pro. And if you’re feeling fancy, try mixing things up with a raspberry, lime, and mint combo.
2. Whether you’re drinking it or not
DIY at its finest, don’t ya think?
3. They even make our dishes look Insta-worthy
4. While dishing out a hefty dose of Vitamin C
How hefty? 32% of your daily value of the immunity-boosting vitamin, to be exact.
5. They give us zest, which makes cooking so much more fun
Marinate meats, jazz up fish, stir into rice, put in pasta, bake into pies, brighten up vinaigrettes… okay, you get it. The possibilities are endless.
6. Without them, margaritas would be impossible
Every tried a margarita with lemon? Yea, we didn’t think so.
7. And Caipirinha’s? Forget about it.
Brazil’s beloved cocktail is made with a sweet rum called cachaça, sugar, ice, and fresh lime. Without the lime, it’s just “meh.”
8. Same with taco night
9. They smell amazing
Stinky kitchen? Slice up a lime, toss it in a pot with water, and simmer away. But don’t stray too far! Once that water evaporates, the lime slices can easily burn. You’ve been warned.
10. And occasionally make us feel like we’re on a tropical island
Especially when coconuts are involved.
Show lime’s long lost citrus cousins some love by waking up to this simple citrus breakfast salad.