4th of July Jello Shots July 1, 2016
A cocktail that’s beautiful, patriotic, and easy to make? Say no more. These 4th of July jello shots have us hooked.
Summertime is in full swing, which means it’s time to fire up the grill, lather on the sunscreen, and – most importantly – grab a cocktail (for hydration purposes, obviously!). Here at HelloFresh, we love sipping on fruity sangria or pineapple margaritas. And don’t even get us started about watermelon (if it’s involved in any form, we’re practically drooling).
But because July 4 is around the corner, we thought we’d whip up something extra special. After all, America only turns 240 once.
Say jello to the most patriotic cocktail you’ve ever laid eyes on…
Red, White, and Blue Jello Shots
- 1 6-oz Package Strawberry Jell-O
- Blueberry Vodka
- 1 14-oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 6-oz Package Berry Blue Jell-O
- Whipped Cream
- Combine the strawberry Jell-O and 2.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir. Add 1.5 cups blueberry vodka. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses 1/3 of the way. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes.
- Combine 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin and 1.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses 2/3 of the way. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes.
- Combine the berry blue Jell-O and 2.5 cups hot water in a large bowl. Stir. Add 1.5 cups blueberry vodka. Stir. Use a spoon to fill your shot glasses to the top. Place in the fridge to set for 60-90 minutes (it’s the last time, we promise!).
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Brit & Co.
Happy Hour, Happy Cooking, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA !
Keep the celebrations going with a big bowl of refreshing, guilt-free nice cream.