How To Make Homemade Oat Milk January 31, 2019
Not only is this DIY oat milk more delicious than the kind found on supermarket shelves, but it gives you total control over sweetness and consistency. Plus, this at-home version will give you the tasty alternative for a fraction of the cost.
Plant-based milk is having a true moment this year and one, in particular, is popping up everywhere – oat milk. The trendy milk has a more neutral flavor than other dairy alternatives, which makes it perfect for espresso, matcha, overnight oats, and even fruit bowls. More on that later…
Oat milk is also packed with nutrients like vitamin A, iron, and calcium. It’s rich in fiber and lower in fat than traditional milk. Not to mention, it’s extremely delicious.
Homemade Oat Milk
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own version at home:
- 1 cup Rolled Oats, Gluten-Free if needed
- 2 cups Filtered Water
- Pinch of Salt, optional
- Dash of Maple Syrup, optional
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Combine oats, filtered water, and desired sweeteners.
2. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
3. In order to reserve the liquid, strain through a fine-mesh strainer, nut-milk bag, clean dish towel, or triple-layered cheesecloth.
4. Store in the fridge (for up till a week) until ready to drink. Be sure to shake the oat milk before consuming. Enjoy!
If you want to take your oat milk to the next level, toss it in a bowl with some homemade granola and top it with your favorite fresh fruit.