Flourless Orange Almond Cake November 8, 2018
Forget labor intensive desserts and overcomplicated baking techniques. These days, it’s all about elegant simplicity, and this orange almond recipe takes the, um, cake.
This fragrant almond cake is delightfully moist and slightly tart with just a hint of sweetness. It’s speckled with flecks of orange, bulked up with almond meal, and finished off with a light dusting of powdered sugar. Your kitchen may very well end up smelling like a citrus grove, but since when has that been a bad thing?
- 1 Large Orange
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Butter (for cake tin)
- Powdered Sugar (optional, for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a round cake tin (with a removable base, if possible) by rubbing with butter.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add washed orange. Reduce to a simmer and cook until soft, about an hour and a half.
Once cool, cut open orange and press through a strainer to create pulp.
- Crack and beat eggs with a whisk in a large bowl. Add the orange pulp, then beat again. Finally, incorporate almond meal, sugar, and baking powder. Beat until batter is thick.
- Pour into a greased cake tin.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
For more sweet treats, check out these mini raspberry cheesecakes.
Leave a Reply