How to Make Chocolate-Dipped Apple Slices (in an ice cream cone!) September 20, 2018
Crunchy, and chocolatey, and fruity, and sweet, and — did we say chocolatey? Suffice it to say that we can’t get enough of these chocolate-dipped apple slices piled high in ice cream cones, and have a feeling you’ll agree. Just an inkling, really.
Good news and bad news. Bad news: the dog days of summer are officially behind us (tragic, we know). But good news… fall is here, which means apples are in peak season, which means chocolate-dipped apple slices are about to make very regular appearances in our kitchen. And can you blame us? These sweet treats are ridiculously easy to make, completely customizable, and perfect for kids and adults alike.
And for all of you out there with picky eaters on your hands, fear not. You won’t hear a peep out of them as they scarf down the decked-out fruit.
Chocolate-Dipped Apple Cones
- 4-5 Apples
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 Cup White Chocolate
- 4 Teaspoons Coconut Oil
- Toppings (mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, shredded coconut, pumpkin spice blend, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips / sprinkles)
- Slice apples into wedges and dip into lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Melt dark and white chocolate in separate bowls with two teaspoons coconut oil each for 1-2 minutes. Be sure to check periodically since chocolate burns easily! Stir until smooth.
- Dip apple slices in chocolate (about halfway) and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add your favorite toppings and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Stuff a sugar ice cream cone with the apples, and enjoy!
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Dip the top of the ice cream cone in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles for added flare.
- S’Mores: dark chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers
- Chocolatey Coconut: dark chocolate, coconut
- Pumpkin Spice (& everything nice): white chocolate, pumpkin spice blend, graham crackers
- Birthday Cake: white chocolate, rainbow sprinkles
- Double Chocolate: dark chocolate, chocolate chips/sprinkles
Looking for more fruit-forward desserts this fall? Try your hand at some of our favorites, which feature apples, berries, oranges, bananas, pineapples, and even avocados.