See Summer Differently With Rosé 3 Ways May 25, 2018
Think of the glass of rosé like a window into the world of more fun. After all, it’s summer for fun’s sake. So get ready, get set, and SIP with 50% off your first delivery of HelloFresh Wine (code: ROSEALLDAY).
Rosé and summer are a match made in vino heaven — and its refreshing, fruity, chilled goodness may have something to do with that.
Although rosé is made from red grapes, it boasts a gorgeous pink hue due to the fact that the skins and stems of the fruit are typically removed within two to three days, which is far shorter than the time allocated for red wine. Generally, rosés are light-bodied and slightly sweet… perfect for sipping as is, blending into cocktails, or freezing into ice cubes.
So uncork the fun this season by joining HelloFresh Wine Club. This way, you can get reds, whites, and rosés delivered straight to your doorstep — including the stellar Curve Monterey County Syrah Rosé.
Oh — and keep an eye out for our new and improved pairing system, too. Just match the symbol on your recipe card with the one on your monthly wine card, uncork, and enjoy.
Okay, now for the fun stuff… cocktails! Discover what summer can look like through the lens of watermelon frozé, sangria ice cubes, and rosé jello shots. You’ll be oh-so-glad you did.
1. Watermelon Frozé
Just think of this as your childhood-favorite slushy, just a bit grown up.
- 1 Bottle Rosé
- 2 Cups Watermelon
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Aperol
- 2 Ounces Agave Syrup
- Mint, for garnish
- Pour rosé into an ice cube tray and freeze 6 hours (or overnight).
- Combine (almost) frozen rosé, watermelon, lime juice, aperol, and agave syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place blender in freezer until cocktail thickens up, about 30 minutes.
- Blend another 30 seconds, then pour and serve with a garnish of mint and watermelon.
2. Sangria Ice Cubes
Watered-down wine? No, thank you. Rosé sangria ice cubes come to the rescue. Remember, though — alcohol doesn’t freeze 100%, but it’ll get close enough. And it’ll dazzle your guests.
- 2 Cups Rosé
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/4 Cup Triple Sec
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lime
- 1 Kiwi
- Raspberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries
- Combine rosé, coconut water, and triple sec. Mix well to combine.
- Slice lemon, orange, lime, and kiwi into pieces tiny enough to fit into an ice cube tray.
- Arrange fruit in the tray in whatever pattern you’d like (a rainbow gradient would be beautiful!). Fill ice tray with wine mixture, then freeze overnight.
- Top with leftover rosé and soda water.
3. Rosé Jello Shots
Wine in the form of a fun jello shot? You better believe it.
- 8 1/2 Ounces Rosé
- 1 1/2 Ounces Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces Grenadine
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 Ounces Citron Vodka
- White Cake Pearls
- Lightly spray ice cube tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine rosé, lime juice, and grenadine over medium heat. Stir in gelatin and consistently mix until gelatin dissolves, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vodka.
- Pour liquid into ice cube tray and refrigerate until completely set, 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove jello shots from mold and sprinkle with white cake pearls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Don’t be left empty handed this summer! Use code ROSEALLDAY for 50% off your first delivery of HelloFresh Wine, and get excited for allllll the cocktails to come.