The ONLY Shrimp Tacos Recipe You’ll Ever Need March 19, 2018
Oh, and did we mention it only takes 20 minutes? And has just six steps? It’s safe to say taco night will never be the same thanks to next week’s Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos recipe.
The first thing you’ll taste when biting into these tacos is a rush of smoky, fiery flavors. You can thank chipotle powder for that, which is used to jazz up the shrimp. Next, a burst of refreshing and slightly tangy lime crema to cool everything down. The result? A perfect balance of intermingling flavors.
But that’s not all. The texture of these bad boys is spot on courtesy of crisp radishes and crunchy red cabbage that work double duty to round everything out.
And as if the flavor and texture balances weren’t enough, this recipe comes together in just 20 minutes because our chefs strategically opted to use shrimp, a fish that requires only two minutes of pan frying per side.
So although there are a whole lot of tacos out there, next week’s Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos recipe blows away the competition in all the categories. And as luck would have it, it’s on the menu next week!
Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Radishes
- 1 Lime
- 3 Radishes
- 2 Scallions
- 10 Ounces Shrimp
- 4 Ounces Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and dry all produce. Cut lime into wedges. Halve radishes, then slice into thin half-moons. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Rinse shrimp under cool running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss cabbage and scallion whites in a medium bowl with a squeeze of lime, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a ¼-inch layer of oil in a large pan over high heat (use a nonstick pan if you have one). Meanwhile, place shrimp, cornstarch, and ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder in another medium bowl (we’ll use more chipotle in step 5). Season with salt and pepper. Toss until shrimp are thoroughly coated.
- Add shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, a squeeze of lime, and a pinch of chipotle powder (use more to taste). Season with salt and pepper. Add enough water to create a drizzly consistency (about 1 Tablespoon). Wrap tortillas in a lightly dampened paper towel and microwave until warm and soft, about 30 seconds.
- Divide slaw, shrimp, and radishes between tortillas. Drizzle with crema, sprinkle with scallion greens, and serve with any remaining lime wedges for squeezing over.
Get all these pre-measured ingredients delivered straight to your doorstep by ordering this stunner of a shrimp tacos recipe off the menu.
Then, turn to your attention to dessert. Specifically these lemon avocado tartlets. Or this tiramisu. Or both.
Leave a Reply