How to Throw a Space-Themed Party (For Yourself) May 4, 2020
Can you think of anything more deserving of a party than the ENTIRE UNIVERSE? We’re hurtling among the stars on a giant space rock, and when you’re not having an existential crisis about it, you should celebrate it! If you’re ready to throw your own personal space-themed party (that’s right, solo parties are the new house parties), these recipes will make you a star among your (virtual) friends! We promise that they’re…out of this world (sorry).
The best way to throw your space-themed party is to host it in space. If you’re crunched for time, you can get a similar effect with these gorgeous galaxy donuts.
- 1-2 Dozen Donuts
- 3 Packets Of Gelatin (2 Tablespoons And 1 Teaspoon)
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 3-4 Colors Of Food Coloring
- Stir gelatin and 1/2 cup of lukewarm water in a bowl, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan cook sugar, 3/4 cup water, condensed milk, vanilla, and salt over medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture begins to bubble, about 4 minutes. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain into a large bowl. Divide glaze among 3 or 4 bowls. Color each bowl with the food coloring of your preference, then let cool. Stir occasionally so top layer doesn’t form. Wait until glaze is cool to the touch, about 10-12 minutes.
- Pour half of your first color in a large bowl. Pour half of the second color into the center, repeat for remaining colors. Continue using the remaining glaze until you have concentric circles of the different colors.
- Set chilled donuts on a cake pan or upside-down bowl, with something underneath to catch the drips. Pour glaze over the donuts, sweeping back and forth to create a marble pattern. Let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter and chill from 30 minutes to 1 day.
Galaxy Star Smoothie
These galactic smoothies aren’t just a beautiful decoration for your space-themed party—you’ll also be over the moon with how they taste. (I lied, I’m not sorry.)
(Makes 2 Smoothies)
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Tsp Spirulina Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries For Garnish
- Blend 1 banana, 1/2 cup of yogurt, and 1 cup of frozen blueberries until well mixed but still slushy. Pour into a chilled pitcher.
- Blend remaining banana, yogurt, spirulina powder, and honey with 1 cup of ice.
- Break out large glasses. Pour some of the first mixture in, then some of the second mixture. Follow that with 1 tablespoon of yogurt, then the first mixture again, and second mixture again, so that you get a layered look.
- Take a straw and swirl around the glass to achieve a galaxy look. Garnish with remaining frozen blueberries.
We’re not sure if aliens take vacations, but if they do, it’s safe to assume they’d sip on these in their levitating pool chairs. If it’s good enough for an alien vacation, it’s good enough for your party!
(Makes 4 Cocktails)
- 1 Cup Coconut Rum
- 1/4 Cup Blue Curacao
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 3 Droppers Of Pea Flower Extract
- Blend coconut rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice together with enough ice to fill to the liquid line. Blend until you have a snow cone consistency.
- Divide into two pitchers. Add pea flower extract to one pitcher, so you’re left with a purple mixture and a blue mixture.
- Fill glasses with a few ounces of the blue mixture followed by the purple mixture. Repeat until you have about 4-6 layers.
- Take a straw and swirl once around the edge of the glass to get the galaxy effect.
We hope these recipes are a hit at your space-themed party. Take some great pics and tag us in your Instagram photos!