Summer Skewers (+ Pottery Barn Accessories!) July 11, 2016
HelloFresh skewers + Pottery Barn accessories = an unforgettable summer party setup. What are you waiting for?
If you ask us what the most important part of a meal is, we’re going to say… food (duh). But the team over at Pottery Barn would beg to differ. For them, it’s all about the accessories (think rustic wooden dining room tables, festive plates, and color-coordinated napkins and tablecloths). Instead of dueling it out, we decided to be mature adults and join forces. After all, you can’t have one without the other, right?
So without further ado, we present to you the perfect summer setup complete with mouth-watering recipes and beautiful kitchen accessories to impress your guests before they even take a bite of food. It’s the best of both worlds, and we couldn’t be more excited about it.
First order of business: skewers.
HelloFresh’s expert chef Freida, aka the skewer master, has perfected the art of pairing fruit with meat. Feel free to toss these sweet and savory gems into the broiler or onto the grill – up to you!
Chipotle Shrimp Skewers with Charred Pineapple and Red Peppers
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 oz Cilantro
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Lime
- 3/4 lb Shrimp
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 4 oz Cubed Pineapple
- 4 Skewers (10-inch)
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- Soak the skewers in a shallow dish of water. Preheat the broiler to high. Core, seed, and dice the pepper into 3/4-inch cubes. Halve, peel, and dice the shallot into 3/4-inch pieces. Finely chop the cilantro, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Mince or grate the garlic. Halve the lime.
- Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the bell pepper, shallot, garlic, chipotle powder, pineapple, cilantro, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp, peppers, pineapple, and shallot onto the skewers, alternating between each.
- Place the skewers onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes per side. Finish with a squeeze of lime and the reserved cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Jerk Chicken Skewers with Peach and Red Onion
- 12 oz Chicken Thighs (Boneless and Skinless)
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Peach
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 oz Cilantro
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- Soak the skewers in a shallow dish of water. Preheat the broiler to high. Halve, peel, and chop half the onion into 1-inch cubes. Halve, pit, and slice the peach into wedges. Cut the lemon into wedges. Roughly chop the cilantro. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss the chicken, jerk seasoning, red onion, and a drizzle of oil together in a medium bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Thread the skewers with the chicken, onion, and peach slices. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through and slightly charred. Finish with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of cilantro. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve got the recipes, it’s time to get busy decorating. Our friends over at Pottery Barn have everything you need to re-create this stunner of a tabletop, including serving platters, plates, linen napkins, and runners.
Check back tomorrow for a refreshing drink recipe that’ll taste amazing with either of these skewer combinations!