Peach, Mint, & Ginger Iced Tea July 12, 2016
The ONLY iced tea recipe you’ll ever need…
What kind of people would we be if we shared our sweet and savory skewer recipes without also sharing a refreshing summer drink recipe? Now that would just be cruel. So we asked our in-house dietitian, Rebecca, to whip up something refreshing and healthy to round out the “HelloFresh meets Pottery Barn” summer meal.
What she came up with FAR exceeded our expectations. Trust us, you haven’t tasted lemonade iced tea until you’ve tried this minty peach and ginger dream-come-true. One sip and you’ll wonder how you ever managed to live without it.
Minty Peach and Ginger Infused Lemonade Iced Tea
- 2 Tea Bags (peach flavored if possible)
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 oz Mint Leaves (reserve 1 oz for garnish)
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Lemons (for garnish)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 3 Peaches (for garnish)
- 16 oz Ice
- Make the tea: Boil 3 cups water. Combine the mint leaves (remember to reserve half!) and tea bags in hot water to steep 20 minutes. Strain and remove. Let cool.
- Make the lemonade: Squeeze the juice from the lemons (remember to reserve 2 for garnish!). Strain out any seeds. Mix together the lemon juice, water, sugar, and ginger. Stir until well combined. If too sweet, add more lemon juice. If too sour, add more sugar!
- Combine and garnish: Slice the lemons and peaches. Combine the tea and lemonade before adding in the cut fruit and mint for garnish. Finish by topping with ice. Serve in Pottery Barn’s vintage wood drink dispenser, snap a photo (it’s so beautiful… how could you resist?), and enjoy!