2 Holiday Cocktails to Sip on This Season December 16, 2016
Goodbye same-old, same-old. Hello unique and refreshingly festive holiday cocktails.
Raise a glass to the most wonderful time of the year with a blueberry cinnamon old fashioned and apple orange punch. These recipes will make you feel unstoppable, and the flavors will keep you coming back for more. But wait – it gets better. They’re both simple enough for bartending novices and aficionados alike to master (but shhhhh, your guests don’t need to know that). In fact, the only problem we foresee is choosing which to drink first. Decisions, decisions…
Blueberry Cinnamon Old Fashioned
- 1 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 oz Whiskey
- 1 oz Blueberry Juice
- 3/4 oz Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Sparkling Water
- Frozen Blueberries
- Rosemary Twig
- To make the simple syrup, combine water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then let simmer until slightly thickened, 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill glass with ice, then add whiskey, blueberry juice, simple syrup, and bitters. Top with sparkling water and garnish with frozen blueberries and rosemary twig.
Apple Orange Punch
- 3.5 oz Fruit Tea
- 3.5 oz Apple Juice
- 3.5 oz Orange Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Lemon Slice
- 2 Cloves (optional)
- 1 Star Anise (optional)
- Prepare tea as you normally would, then combine all ingredients (except lemon slices, cloves, and star anise) in a pan.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Pour and decorate with lemon slice, cloves, and star anise if using.
Scrambling for last-minute holiday gifts? No worries – our holiday gift guide is here to save the day.