Guest Chef Series: Nir Mesika of Timna November 5, 2015
We are so beyond thrilled to announce the launch of the HelloFresh Guest Chef Series! Each season, we’ll feature up and coming chefs from around the country and include their delicious recipes in our box so we can share them with you. Hailing from the bustling streets of New York all the way to the warm breeze of California, we are positive you do not want to miss out on their incredible concoctions. We could not be more excited to introduce you to this unique series! Whether you want to try a new cuisine, technique, or even ingredient, our guest chef recipes are a feast for the senses. Plus, soon you’ll have a repertoire of restaurant recipes that you can create at home (and show off to your friends!).
We are kicking off the series with Chef Nir Mesika, co-owner of Timna in New York City. Chef Nir has always been passionate about food. Having worked in Israel, Milan, and most recently, the Big Apple- his dishes at Timna bring an innovative twist to the ancient flavors of the Mediterranean. His delicious recipes are inspired by his mother’s home cooking so just like us, he’s all about bringing familiar warmth to the table.
Two weeks from now, (one meal choice away!), Chef Nir’s recipe for Ras el Hanout-Spiced Chicken Thighs will be on the menu for HelloFresh’s classic box. And as we wait (we hate waiting!!), he has been kind enough to share a delicious cocktail recipe served at Timna to enjoy in the meantime. It definitely helps!
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika salt (for the rim)
- 2 teaspoons homemade harissa
- 1 tablespoon homemade preserved lemon peel
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 light lager or pilsner (Timna uses Stigel Goldbrau)
- Lemon wheel
- Garnish the rim of a pint glass with smoked paprika salt. In a mixing glass, shake the harissa, preserved lemon, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously. Pour into a pint glass and top with beer.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
If you’re in New York City check out Timna on St. Marks Place and look out for more of Chef Nir’s dishes in coming months and let us know what you think! Happy Cooking!