5 Easy Breakfast Recipes March 14, 2017
Wake up and smell the deliciously simple breakfast…
Whether you’re sprinting out the door on Monday morning or lounging in bed on a lazy Sunday, rest assured know we’ve got your mornings covered — whatever they may look like — with mouthwatering, balanced, and easy breakfast recipes.
1. Chorizo, Egg, and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
If breakfast (or brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner) was looking to elect a spokesperson, we’d nominate eggs. But since everything tastes better with cheese, we’d also add a slice or two of creamy cheddar. And then a few slices of avocado because… obviously. Oh! And don’t forget about the flavor-packed chorizo and potatoes. Snag the recipe here.
2. Overnight oats
Overnight oats is the perfect make-ahead breakfast to help you escape your cereal breakfast rut.
The night before: Combine 1/2 cup oats with 1 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy) in a mason jar. Add 1 teaspoon chia seeds, screw on the cap, give it a good shake, and let it chill out overnight in the fridge.
The morning of: Top it off with nuts, seeds, and your favorite fresh, frozen, or dried fruit. We’re talking apple cubes, pomegranate seeds, mango slices, pineapple chunks, almonds, coconut shreds, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, raw cacao nibs, raisins… the list goes on. And on and on. You can’t go wrong here–even if you’re doing it while still half asleep.
3. Toast 6 ways
Looking for something to cook on those days when you really just don’t want to cook? We’ve got one word for you: toast.
Top your favorite toasted bread with:
- Ham slices, hard-boiled eggs, chives
- Cheese, tomatoes, basil
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, lemon slices, parsley
- Greek yogurt, blueberries, bee pollen, honey
- Avocado, tomatoes, radishes
- Ricotta, pear slices, chopped pecans, honey
There’s more where this came from with these 5 delish toast toppings.
4. Almond flour pancakes
Breakfast fads come and go, but pancakes? They will never go out of style. You can quote us on that. But it’s officially time to kiss questionable, store-bought mix goodbye. Instead, we’d like to introduce you to homemade, protein-packed, knock-your-socks-off almond flour pancakes. We think you two will get along just fine.
- 1 Cup Almond flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Toppings: Pure Maple Syrup, Greek Yogurt, Banana Slices, Berries
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. When your griddle is hot and lightly oiled, start pouring.
- Top and enjoy!
5. Wonder waffles
Behold…pancake’s long lost cousin: the waffle. Fluffy and lightly golden brown with ridges just deep enough to hold in all that deliciously sweet maple syrup, these waffles are destined to become a regular in your kitchen.
Yields: 4 cups batter
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Toppings: Pure Maple Syrup, Greek Yogurt, Berries, Powdered Sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased waffle iron (about 1/3 cup, depending on size) and cook until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Top and enjoy!
If you liked these five easy breakfast recipes, you’ll LOVE this breakfast citrus salad.
Leave a Reply