Cloud Nine – Fluffy Cloud Bread Recipe April 20, 2016
You know when you lay down at night after a long, hard day, and all you want is to cozy up with a fluffy pillow on a fluffy mattress? Well this recipe is just like that…but for bread.
Have you been straining your taste buds at work with eighteen cups of blazing hot coffee and day old take-out? (First of all, you should be eating HelloFresh, but we’ll pretend like this one time you loved it so much you ate all the servings yourself the night before.) Well, start opening up your lunch bag to a fluffy meal made of clouds.
No, really- cloud bread is the answer to your midday slump. Just like coming home to a warm and soft bed, this bread is light and dreamy, as well as being amazingly delicious and versatile. Unlike regular dense, heavy toast you endure simply as a vehicle for ham, this cloud bread is the main event. Add your favorite deli meats, veggie combos, and even sweet spreads to jazz it up to satisfy every craving.
Here’s the kicker- this recipe is only FOUR ingredients, and you’re likely to have most of them in your kitchen already. It’s quick and easy, with a yummy result. Objection? OVERRULED.
What You’ll Need (Makes 5-6 buns):
- 3 large eggs
- 1 TBS sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
What To Do:
- Separate the eggs, keeping the whites and yolks apart
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and the sugar in a separate bowl using a spoon and/or an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth. Gently fold in the egg whites without losing texture
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes, until lightly browned
- Decorate and delight with your favorite toppings- sweet AND savory!
Now that you’re in a baking mood, you might as well make this dreamy asparagus and goat cheese tart. Your oven is on, after all.
Leave a Reply