Guest Chef Sohail: Brown Butter Blondie Recipe December 3, 2015
We are so excited to introduce the next chef in our Guest Chef Series- Sohail Zandi. Chef Sohail hails from Brooklyn and has 10 years of experience in the kitchen, including some time spent on Martha’s vineyard! Currently, he resides in the western Catskills of Delaware Country with his girlfriend and fellow foodie, Sara. There, in a small town called Bovina, he creates the taste behind Brushland Eating House.
Although his recipe won’t be in box until 12/12, we’re celebrating a little early by giving you a sneak peek (and taste!) of his skills. His Brown Butter Blondie Recipe will knock your socks off, and make you the most popular baker at this year’s holiday party.
Sohail’s Brown Butter Blondie
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook butter in sauté pan over medium heat until solids start to brown. Meanwhile whisk eggs, sugar, and salt together.
- Mix brown butter into brown sugar mixture until combined. Add flour and baking powder and stir vigorously.
- Place in 8×8 in pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, caramel, or all by its lonesome.
You can make this Brown Butter Blondie Recipe as described or get a little creative by adding mix-ins to your taste! Delicious candy coated chocolate can make for a colorful twist, or even crumbled pretzels for a sweet & salty flavor. Personally, I plan on quadrupling the recipe and hiding out in my apartment for a few weeks eating nothing but Blondies. To each their own!
Enjoy Chef Sohail’s HelloFresh Recipe as soon as 10 days from now and look out for more of his dishes in the coming months. Happy Cooking!