Campari Float Recipe June 9, 2016
Campari is a liqueur right up our alley. It’s infused with fruit and herbs and, honestly, insanely delicious. Now, with warmer weather upon us, we thought – what better way to enjoy Campari than in a cocktail float? Get your ice cream scoopers ready, folks…it’s going to be a GOOD summer.
- 2 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 oz sparkling water
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz Campari
- 1/2 tsp ground juniper berries, or a slice of blood orange or physalis, to garnish
- Add the gin, Campari, orange juice and ice cubes to an ice shaker and shake well.
- Using a cocktail strainer, pour into 2 highball glasses.
- Top with sparkling water and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with some ground juniper for aromatics, physalis for fresh acidity, or a slice of blood orange for a classic finish.
Easy, delicious, and pretty classy, if you ask me. This bright and quick cocktail is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Blending citrus with ice cream is always a win! Plus, follow our recommendations and your garnish game will be on point. Make sure to snap a pick before you sip these down!
Serve to friends or keep all to yourself while everyone drinks boring sangria. (Kidding, of course – sangria is amazing.)
Happy Hour & Happy Cooking!