How to Make An Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte September 22, 2017
Sure, you could order this quintessential autumn drink at a coffee shop. But let’s be honest — it’s FAR more fun (and budget-friendly) to make it at home. And surprisingly simple, too!
If this drink could talk, it would scream fall. Not only is there pumpkin, but there’s maple syrup and cinnamon and nutmeg and allspice and all the warming flavors that taste like Halloween and feel like one big bear hug. The coffee doesn’t hurt, either.
Celebrate the first official day of the season by whipping up this pumpkin spice latte recipe. Once you do, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
- For the drink:
- 2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream, whipped
- For the spice blend:
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Add pumpkin purée and spice blend to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until warm, 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk. Heat until warm, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Divide coffee between two mugs and add pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or plain cinnamon.