Cocoa Banana Muesli (Sugar & Dairy Free!) January 26, 2016
We are always looking for amazing make-ahead meals, so before you feast your eyes on the below, don’t forget to tell us your favorite pre-made breakfast in the comment section! Whether you have a name, a recipe, or even just a photo, we love seeing what you come up with. Sharing these recipes with you is our favorite but we also love exploring what you enjoy in your own kitchen!
For our part, we’ll continue to share the best of the best. Sugar free, dairy free, but NOT taste free, I promise. Are you in the market for a delicious make-ahead breakfast that has all the nutrients and flavor to fuel your morning? Look no further. Our Cocoa Banana Muesli is amazingly yummy AND easy to make, in addition to being super good for you!
- 2 whole bananas, mashed
- 3 heaped tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole buckwheat
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 handful crushed pistachio
- Boil the buckwheat on medium high heat for 20 minutes (until it is cooked through). Strain and allow to cool.
- Mix together the almond milk and cocoa powder in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Then add the mashed banana thoroughly.
- Add the uncooked oats and the cooked, cooled buckwheat to a bowl and add the cocoa mixture. Stir in thoroughly.
- Leave to chill and absorb overnight in the fridge
- In the morning, serve into two bowls and peel and slice the grapefruit to put on top. Sprinkle on your crushed pistachios.
HelloFresh is all about convenience, and we understand that sometimes breakfast suffers because you’re forced to make it on the go. This muesli is perfect because it quick to prepare for the morning!