Limited Time Only! Casseroles On The Menu April 11, 2018
Savor all there is to love about the quick prep, hearty comfort, and set-it-and-forget-it simplicity of casserole dishes — on the Family menu for a limited time only. First up, this easy chicken casserole recipe making an appearance the week of April 21 – April 27. To get the parents excited, we’re sharing a sneak peek of the recipe below. And for kids? An online recipe puzzle (but no judgment if you want to give it a go as well).
In the world of family-favorite dinners, casseroles take the cake. Not only are they filling in a creamy, “stick-to-your-ribs” kinda way, but they also call for minimal prep. Just a quick sear here, or boil there before everything gets piled into a large, deep dish. While the oven works its magic, you’re cleaning what little pots and pans you’ve used, or helping the kids with homework, or walking the dog, or throwing another load of laundry in, or (insert one of the zillion other tasks on your to-do list here).
So when we put our heads together and discussed adding casserole recipes to the Family menu, it seemed like a no brainer. And when our chefs developed this easy chicken casserole recipe complete with tender broccoli, ranch seasoning, and a trifecta of cheeses, we were hooked — and have a feeling you will be, too.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole with Broccoli, Ranch Seasoning, and Three Cheeses
- 12 Ounces Cavatappi Pasta
- 24 Ounces Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Ounces Broccoli Florets
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Garden Ranch Spice Blend*
- 13 1/2 Ounces Milk
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Adjust broiler rack so that it is in position closest to flame and heat broiler to high. Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use an ovenproof pan if you have one). Add chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in center, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wash and dry all produce. Place broccoli and 1 Tablespoon water in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in wrap. Microwave on high until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add flour and ranch spice. Stir constantly until pasty and fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, scraping up any browned bits on bottom. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Let bubble until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar, and ½ cup mozzarella to pan and whisk until smooth (we’ll use the rest of the mozzarella later). Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice chicken. Drain broccoli. Stir chicken, broccoli, and cavatappi into pan. Season with salt and pepper. (TIP: If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer mixture to a baking dish at this point.) Place 1 Tablespoon butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until it melts, about 45 seconds.
- Add ¼ cup panko and remaining mozzarella to bowl with butter and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter over pasta in pan or dish. Place pan under broiler and broil until cheese melts and panko is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Divide pasta between plates and serve.
*2 tablespoons dried parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried chives
Don’t miss the chance to get all the pre-measured ingredients you need for this easy chicken casserole recipe delivered to your doorstep the week of April 21 – April 27. And to pass the time, challenge the kids (or yourself) to complete this puzzle.
Because one casserole is never enough, be sure to keep an eye out for the all the deliciously simple, family-friendly casserole recipes to follow — all of which will be conveniently tagged on the menu with… you guessed it… CASSEROLE.
On the menu the week of April 28 – May 4
On the menu the week of May 5 – May 11
For more help getting back into your quick and easy weeknight cooking groove, check out these 20-minute dinner recipes.