3 Easy Zucchini Recipes That Are Anything But Ordinary August 28, 2017
These easy zucchini recipes (one of which is even on next week’s menu!) prove that roasted veggies and zoodles are just the beginning.
1. Chicken Under a Zucchini Blanket with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
(On the menu for next week, so select it today!)
While we love ourselves a nice crunchy panko topping, we gotta hand it to zucchini in this recipe — it’s like a blanket that keeps the meat warm and cozy while it gets its beauty rest. The vegetable not only brings some bonus greens to the dish, but it also helps the chicken stay moist and tender.
Oh — and feel free to treat the mashed potatoes on the side like a fluffy pillow to dream sweet, buttery mashed potato dreams on.
Get the recipe here, or better yet order it off next week’s menu to get the recipe and all the pre-measured ingredients delivered straight to your doorstep. CHA-CHING.
Not convinced yet? This video will do the trick.
2. Peachy Green Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
Zucchini in a smoothie may sound odd, but promise us you won’t knock it ’till you try it. The vegetable adds extra creaminess — not to mention a burst of color and nutrients — to this otherwise refreshing breakfast bowl.
- 1 Cup Milk (Unsweetened Almond, Coconut, or Cashew)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 Zucchini, diced and frozen
- 1/2 Cup Diced Peaches
- 1 Cup Packed Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon Honey, optional
- Handful Ice
- Toppings (blueberries, peaches, mint, granola, coconut flakes, edible flowers)
- Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, adding more milk if too thick.
- Transfer to a bowl, add toppings, and enjoy!
READ MORE: 10 Delicious Ways to Eat Your Greens
3. Chocolate Zucchini Cake With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
With all the sweet coconut, apple, and chocolatey goodness happening here, no one will notice they’re eating veggies. What they WILL notice, however, is how moist the cake is, and zucchini is to thank for that.
- For the cake:
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- For the frosting:
- 1 8-Ounce Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a cake tin (or line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, apple sauce, sugar, and melted chocolate until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ones. Once incorporated, stir in almonds and shredded zucchini.
- Pour dough into cake tin and bake until inserted toothpick comes out dry, 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make frosting by beating cream cheese and softened butter with electric mixture until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes (you may need to scrape the bowl occasionally).
- Stir in vanilla, powdered sugar, and half the lemon zest.
- Spread evenly on cooled cake and garnish with remaining zest.
For more creative ways to use zucchini, try baking it into brownies.
Leave a Reply