3 Last-Minute DIY Edible Gifts December 20, 2018
Skip the mall-turned-zoo during the holidays. Instead, whip up one of these super simple, edible gifts perfect for family, friends, and co-workers alike.
Your last-minute gifting hustle-bustle is about to get a whole lot more delicious with the help of these edible gifts. Bake a big batch of homemade granola for loved ones to sprinkle on yogurt and smoothie bowls, or eat straight out of the jar. And for those with a particularly strong sweet tooth, give ’em the gift of hot chocolate or chocolate chip cookie mix. This way, when the craving strikes, they’ll have all the pre-measured ingredients ready to go.
Dress up the mason jars with festive bows and ribbons, and you’ll be good to go. Doesn’t get much more thoughtful (or easier) than that.
1. Homemade Granola
This classic and deliciously crunchy granola comes together with a mixture of protein-packed nuts and seeds, flavorful coconut oil, and finger-lickin’ sweet honey or maple syrup.
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Raw Seeds (sunflower or pumpkin)
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2/3 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Combine oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheet(s) lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, then remove from oven and mix.
- Bake until golden brown, an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to let cool before transferring to an airtight mason jar.
2. Hot Chocolate Mix
Feel free to double (or triple) the measurements if your jar is large, or add a second round of layers like we did. The more, the merrier.
- Layer 1: 3 Tablespoons Powdered Creamer
- Layer 2: 3 Tablespoons Powdered Milk
- Layer 3: 3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Layer 4: 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Layer 5: 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Layer 6: Marshmallows
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Layers in a mason jar by day, warm, gooey, chocolatey cookies by night. Hungry yet?
- Layer 1: 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Layer 2: 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Layer 3: 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Layer 4: 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Layer 5: 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Layer 6: 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Still searching for the perfect holiday cocktail recipe? We have a feeling this will help.
Leave a Reply