1 Batter, 4 Holiday Cookie Variations December 10, 2019
Rule your holiday hustle- bustle with one, and only one, go-to cookie batter personalized to your sweet tooth’s content.
At long last, we present… drum roll, please… the ONLY holiday cookie batter you’ll ever need. Because we have a feeling you’ll be too busy hustlin’ and bustlin’ this season to spend time searching for four separate recipes. Just an inkling, really.
Fortunately, this recipe is a blank slate for all your holiday cookie cravings.
Cookie Dough Base
Yields 12 Cookies
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt) in a food processor.
- Add butter and mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Slowly add milk, mixing until dough is smooth and sticky.
- Separate dough into 4 bowls.
- Add custom flavors to each bowl (see below).
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes, then let cool.
1. White Chocolate, Pistachio, and Cranberries
Top cookie rounds with white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and crushed pistachios before baking.
2. Honey Butterscotch Pecan
Add 1 Tablespoon molasses to the dough, then top cookie rounds with pecans before baking. Once baked, drizzle caramel syrup on top.
3. Gingerbread and Spice
Add 1 Tablespoon ground ginger, 3 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon all spice to dough. Once baked, decorate with a drizzle of white icing and red and green sugar sprinkles.
4. Chocolate Peppermint
Add 2 Tablespoons powdered cacao to the dough. Before baking, top cookie rounds with dark chocolate chips and bits of a crushed peppermint stick.
And if these cookies don’t make your home smell dreamy enough, try experimenting with DIY natural room scents for an idyllic winter wonderland aroma.