Gingerbread Cookies December 17, 2015
The best holiday traditions almost always involve food. For mealtime, we gather around the table and spend time with the people we love. We cook for hours on end to create delicious treats for everyone we care about to share. We laugh and enjoy the flavors, smells, and the company.
It’s no coincidence that HelloFresh is in the business of making more than a meal. During the holiday season, we feel especially invested in making sure everything that comes out of your kitchen is worthy and ready for your friends and family.
Today, we’re helping bring that sentiment to life with deliciously festive gingerbread cookies. Tasty and adorable, these cookies are sure to set up a new traditional plate at the table. Try to eat just one- we dare you.
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 white cooking chocolate
- Red & green icing for piping design
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients. Heat butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved then leave to cool. Mix into dry ingredients and make a dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inches thick and cut into circles. Place on trays allowing space to spread.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Dip half in melted white chocolate & use green & red icing with a fine pipe to create holly & berries.
- Allow to dry and enjoy!
We love hearing from you! Do you have any traditional family recipes you want to share that we can publish on our blog? Reach out in the comments and let us know why the recipe is delicious and special to you!
Gingerbread cookies with a twist- and easy enough that the whole family can enjoy helping!