Warm Apple Crumble December 22, 2015
Holiday dessert means no calories, everyone knows that! What a magical time, filled with bright lights, presents, and edible indulgences that have no effect on your waistline. In the spirit of the holidays, we’re cooking up some delicious warm Apple Crumble in our kitchen to tempt the masses. With a perfectly toasted crumble topping and a gooey, fruity center, these individual desserts are decadent and satisfying.
Not a professional chef? Trust me, neither am I. They hardly even let me near the stove anymore after that one time… anyway, that’s besides the point. This Apple Crumble is especially amazing because it requires zero cooking experience. Don’t believe me? Ask the kids to help! Not only will it be a fun family activity, but you will be blown away by how simple the whole process is. Just make sure you have a few ramekins or individual serving bowls handy, and plenty of vanilla ice cream to serve to the side. Don’t be fooled by the size, these tiny desserts pack some serious flavor.
- 2 large apples
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Garnish- whip cream, vanilla ice cream, and/or cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the apple into cubes and mix with raisins, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl.
- Grease ramekins with a little butter and spread the apple mixture among the ramekins.
- In another bowl mix the remaining butter, flour, remaining sugar and a pinch of salt. Knead to form a loose, crumbly dough. Spread the crumble topping over the apple in the ramekins.
- Bake the apple crumble in the oven 25 minutes, or until the topping is golden and cooked through.
- Serve the apple crumb cakes as desired with whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
So yummy and so easy, this recipe is definitely going to become your new go-to. Impressive and adorable, just like you! Any other desserts you wish had no calories? Reach out in our comments section and let us know what your favorite sweets are for the holidays.