Gluten-Free Cupcakes November 7, 2015
As you can tell, we’re on a bit of a gluten-free kick this week. Heading into the holiday season, it’s important to eat healthy while you can and-even better- stay festive while doing it. This weekend, explore your inner-baker with this delicious recipe for gluten-free cupcakes.
Whatever your reasons are for keeping gluten-free (hey, some of us just feel better and have more energy when we avoid gluten!), HelloFresh loves to help you preserve that style without sacrificing taste & flavor. Did you know that we always offer at least TWO gluten-free options in our Classic Box every week? And now, we’ve expanded that trend into fun recipes for our blog.
It’s almost Thanksgiving, and gluten will be EVERYWHERE. That and a folding table full of unhealthy sweets at your host’s house, tempting you to stray from your restrictions. So we have an excellent solution to not only provide a delicious alternative option, but also be the talk of the party when these gluten-free cupcakes take over all the buzz of the party. Seasonal and of course, insanely yummy, these festive cupcakes feature one of our favorite fall ingredients: PUMPKIN.
- 1 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom seeds, without the shell
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup very soft butter (one stick)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice (optional)
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- For the Cupcakes: Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 muffin pans (24 cupcakes total) with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together white rice flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, ginger, and xanthan gum in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange juice. Add pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake until cupcakes are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat with any remaining batter.
- For the Cream Cheese Icing: Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle or handheld electric beaters, beat together cream cheese and butter until softened and creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until light and smooth. Spread on cooled cupcakes (if you ice warm cupcakes, the icing will melt.) Store cupcakes, covered, on the counter for up to three days.
Want to have some fun? Wait til everyone starts raving about them to announce that they’re gluten-free!