Hot Sauce: Too Hot to Handle! February 16, 2016
Are you too hot to handle? Of course you are! Valentine’s day might be over, but we have a hot sauce recipe this week that will spice up your love and bring on the heat. A few months ago, we came together as an office to taste test the three most popular hot sauce brands and pick our favorites. Now, there’s a new recipe in town, courtesy of our team!
Do you love hot sauce? Do you enjoy sweating from the face as you pretend the heat doesn’t bother you at all? Great! You’re going to love this. Using only the freshest ingredients (of course!) we have developed a delicious, flavorful hot sauce recipe with a killer kick to jazz up anything you’re cooking up this week.
Carribean Hot Sauce Recipe
- 5 cups Scotch bonnet chilies
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Wash the chilies and cut off the stems and remove the seeds from half the chilies and leave half of them in. Roughly chop. Roughly chop the coriander & garlic.
- Add all the above to a food processor until it’s pulped (but not too smooth)
- Add the vinegar, salt & lime juice & process quickly again.
Make sure to clean your hands and all surfaces thoroughly during and after prep. These chilies can burn your eyes just as much as your throat! We work with Jalapeno Peppers a lot in our HelloFresh recipes and we like to make sure you’re careful. Wipe the outside of the bottles you use in case there is any spillage or dripping so that those that enjoy your hot sauce are protected too!
Feel the burn! Let us know what your favorite hot sauce is- whether it’s store-bought or made in your own kitchen!
Leave a Reply