How To: Assemble a Wonton September 14, 2015
This week at HelloFresh our culinary masterminds have challenged us with a new and exciting recipe: Asian Shrimp and Pork Wonton Soup.
With double protein and comforting, warm broth as the weather outside starts to cool down, we are really pumped about this addition to the menu. The only roadblock to creating this in our own kitchens? Making Wontons is a lot harder than it looks! No worries, HelloFresh to the rescue. We have pooled our resources, expertise, knowledge AND beauty to come up with this hassle-free how-to so that your Wonton soup is flawless. Here’s to improving on takeout!
- Fill a small bowl with water. Lay the wonton wrappers starchy-die up on a dry work surface. Cover the wonton wrappers with a damp paper towel to keep moist.
- Moisten the edges with water or egg. Use the small bowl of water to re-wet if necessary.
- Place the wonton filling (uncooked!) in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half until the ends meet to form a triangle, pressing down firmly to seal on the edges. Press down firmly around the outline of the filling to keep the filling centered and eliminate air pockets.
- Wet and bring together both tips on long side, pressing to seal.
- Fold the last top corner back. Keep covered with a damp cloth to keep moist while you continue to prepare the remaining wontons.
For a visual, check out this helpful video from ChowHound and learn from a Wonton pro! Happy Cooking!
Leave a Reply