Ingredient Spotlight: Poblano Pepper November 26, 2015
You know what knocks our socks off? Ingredients that have flavor, nutritional benefits, and color to book. In the past, HelloFresh has stuffed delicious Poblano Pepper into multiple recipes for you to enjoy at home, and you might not have noticed! This week we want to put a spotlight on Poblano Pepper to show you what an amazing ingredient it really is. Hailing from Mexico, this delicious mild green chili is a nutritional benefit as well as a tasty addition to any dish. Don’t believe us?
- A cooked Poblano Pepper has only 13 calories. Counting them to lose weight? Snack on these bad boys for a burst of flavor with no guilt added
- Each Pepper contains less than 1/4 gram of fat. That shouldn’t even count!
- With half a gram of protein and only 3 grams of carbs per serving, this is an excellent diet-friendly food.
- 1 gram of fiber- that’s almost 5% of your recommended daily intake!
- Lastly, the Poblano is a great source of Vitamin A and Iron, so eat up!
As we mentioned, HelloFresh has been cooking with Poblano for a while now, and we’ve got the delicious pictures and recipes to prove it. Let’s start with the classically delicious Spicy Poblano Bolognese. The picture is worth a thousand words but in case you weren’t sold, customers rated it a 3.3 out of 4 on the official yumminess scale.
Not convinced? Maybe you’re more interested in Mexican than Italian. Don’t worry, whatever it is- there’s a HelloFresh recipe for that! Check our our Poblano & Portobello Fajitas with Fresh Guacamole. This one was rated a staggering 3.4!
Just in case you aren’t already salivating, let’s leave you with one more show-stopper. A delicious Seared Steak with Cream Chipotle Pan-Sauce with Poblano, Corn, and Crispy Potato Hash brought customers to tears with a 3.5 rating.
Looks tasty, huh? So as you recover from your Thanksgiving next week and decide to make more delicious life choices by tossing stale leftovers, remember the Poblano Pepper.
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Cooking!