Raspberry Elderflower Mocktail Recipe February 12, 2019
Cool down this summer with a ruby-red mocktail that’ll have you kicking back, relaxing, and ahhhhhh-ing with each sweet sip.
Berry season is in full bloom, and we’re taking total advantage while we can. Strawberry peach popsicles, blueberry oat muffins, rainbow fruit salsa… you name it, we’re cooking (and eating) it. But with all this talk about strawberries and blueberries, we almost forgot about raspberries, the unsung fruit that many consider to be the most intensely flavored member of the berry family.
These tender gems make the perfect addition to a fruity mocktail complete with cranberry and apple juice, plus a dash of elderflower syrup — which, if you haven’t tried before, can best be described as sunshine in a glass. It’s floral, fragrant, and strong enough to hold its own when in the company of other bold fruit juices.
We’d say this alcohol-free drink is perfect for all the kiddos in the room, but let’s be honest. Everyone will want a taste.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1/3 Cup Elderflower Syrup
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Cranberry Juice
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Lime, sliced (for garnish)
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Mash raspberries using a mortar and pestle (or large fork and bowl).
2. Add elderflower syrup, cranberry juice, and apple juice in a cocktail shaker with about 1/3 mashed raspberries.
3. Shake, shake, shake! Then pour into a tall glass with ice and top with remaining raspberry puree.
4. Garnish with a lime slice and enjoy!