Strawberry Chia Pudding Recipe September 2, 2016
Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds are not just for your fuzzy childhood pets. Get our deliciously sweet and creamy chia pudding recipe below…
The best summer recipes are the ones that require little to no cooking and involve as many seasonal fruits as possible (we’re looking at you, berries and peaches). So when our chefs, Freida and Nate, told us they were working on some sort of strawberry/chia/vegan/tangy/sweet but not too sweet dessert, we got excited. Like “toddler in a grocery store when mom agrees to buy you that chocolate bar” kind of excited.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about how amazing chia seeds are.
- Rich source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Loaded with a slew of other nutrients including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, niacin, and zinc
- Reduce nervousness, treat insomnia, and improve mental focus
- Unlike flax seeds, chia seeds don’t have a high fat content and can be stored for longer periods of time without going rancid.
When soaked, chia seeds become viscous, which makes them perfect for our thick, creamy (read: dreamy) layered pudding.
Some more chia love from around the web:
- Chocolate Chia & Raspberry Parfait from Green Kitchen Stories
- Very Berry Chia Pudding from Sweet Potato Soul
- Creamy Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding from Fit Foodie Finds
- Triple Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding from rachLmansfield
Begin AND end your day with a chia treat by whipping up our gluten-free coconut breakfast chia pudding as well.