Behind The Scenes of an Easy Salmon Recipe with Blue Circle Foods September 11, 2017
How one ocean-friendly crew is making next week’s seasonal salmon dish even more delicious.
An easy salmon recipe is welcome in our kitchen any day, but when the fish comes from Blue Circle Foods and their highly sustainable ocean environment? That’s a major win in the kitchen.
So, we’re sharing the top three most exciting things about the dish and the fish when it comes to next week’s Spiced Dijon Salmon with Apple Arugula Salad and Couscous.
1. Delicious ingredients: Sign us up for salmon fillet and couscous drizzled in a cheerful lemon sauce. Add some apple slices and pecans, and that plate is as good as licked clean.
2. Custom spice blend: A hand-crafted selection of full-bodied spices make up the HelloFresh Turkish spice blend:
- 8 parts cumin
- 8 parts garlic powder
- 4 parts coriander
- 1 part allspice
- 1 part chili flakes
All you have to do is rip open the packet and sprinkle generously.
3. Easy recipe: 6 steps, 1 pot, and 1 pan. And one of these foolproof Recipe Necessity Kits never hurts either. Voilà!
Our friends at Blue Circle Foods pride themselves on distributing seafood that’s good for you, good for the planet, and great for your taste buds. And with a Good Alternative rating from Seafood Watch, the experts agree. How could we say no to that? We did some digging to find out a little more about their practices.
1. Space to swim: Their underwater pens are less than 2% fish and more than 98% water. Salmon that don’t have all that great space to swim get stressed and anxious, which can lead to illness and infection.
2. A mindful diet: No antibiotics, no added hormones, and no genetically modified ingredients for these salmon.
3. Natural environment: Nets in Blue Circle pens aren’t treated with any chemicals to keep algae away. Instead, the fishermen use small cleaner-fish to get rid of sea lice and other threats.
Conclusion: you won’t want to miss their high quality fish when it makes an appearance in next week’s spiced Dijon salmon. Send it from the icy Arctic waters to your HelloFresh box when you order the meal for next week.