Rosemary-Maple Shortbread For Fall October 3, 2015
These buttery shortbread cookies are everything Autumn has to offer. Smoky maple syrup and butter are delicately whipped with earthy chopped rosemary and walnuts, and whole wheat flour provides a hit of fiber! This dough freezes beautifully for let’s say…last minute dinner parties?
• 2 sticks butter, softened • ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup maple syrup • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• ¼ cup sugar • ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
• 2 cups whole wheat flour (plus more for board)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, maple syrup, and sugar. Once fluffy, add rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Mix it into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined. Toss in the nuts and mix until combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Sprinkle flour on a dry surface and roll out the dough ½-inch thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter or a small biscuit cutter and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until the cookies are just becoming golden brown around the edges.
So, if you’re looking for an activity to do with the kids this weekend, or just want a quick, easy recipe for something sweet to have after your HelloFresh meals, this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Leave a Reply