Gluten-Free Banana Bread Muffins November 3, 2015
Yeah, we know what you’re thinking. It sounds too good to be true. It’s NOT! Gluten-Free is such a craze right now, geniuses and explorers in the kitchen are working tirelessly to invent alternatives for wheat-based foods. And if you’re staying gluten-free, whether for health reasons or personal reasons, why shouldn’t you enjoy the same delicious treats as everyone else?
So when we stumble across a truly amazing alternative, we just have to share it. We want you to enjoy all the wonders of life- and for us- that means FOOD. No need to be selective or sacrificial. You can have your cake AND eat it too- as long as someone made that cake gluten-free.
So we bring you the ultra-moist, cult-classic, fan-favorite, show-stopping recipe for…drum roll…Gluten-Free Banana Bread Muffins!
Now here’s the thing: besides the obvious niche benefit of being sans gluten, these little breakfast snack gems are banana bread- in muffin form. This means banana bread is officially PORTABLE. Wrap one up, put it in your purse, and go about your day- we know you’ve got things to do!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and then add all the other ingredients besides the berries. Mix well, then fold in the berries
- Line your muffin tray with cupcake liners and spoon the mixture into each. Cook for 35 minutes, until the muffins are golden.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool. These are delicious when served with Greek yogurt!
Whip up a batch of these tonight, and store them in the fridge for easy pickings throughout the week. Put one in your lunch bag as a healthy midday snack or replace your typical plain breakfast cereal with something that makes you appreciate food the way we all should.