Baked Stuffed Pears March 25, 2016
Healthy, baked, stuffed pears. What a mouthful, LITERALLY. Whether you’re looking for a delicious and different breakfast treat or a delightful healthy, protein-filled snack, this dish is the perfect answer to your prayers. Maybe you just need an appetizer for a very fancy brunch? This recipe is so easy you’ll be making it again and again, whatever the occasion. With an excellent and satisfying crunch, these pears are sure to impress your guests and defeat your cravings.
While a melon baller is ideal in this situation, a spoon will work just fine to scoop out your fresh, crisp fruit. In the wide base of the fruit, remove the seeds and carve out a bowl for your toppings so that they can rest neatly inside after baking.
- 2 pears, halved & deseeded
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 handful walnuts, hazelnuts and coconut mixed
- 4 tbsp water
- Lay your pears on a baking tray, with grease proof paper underneath and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, add your honey and water and mix on a medium heat until it thickens slightly.
- Pour this over the pears and then bake for another 5 minutes
- Sprinkle on the nuts and serve with cream if you’re feeling luxurious!
Well isn’t that a simply and fancy treat?!
Leave a Reply