Smoothie Time! April 5, 2016
You already know we love smoothies. A few weeks ago, we even shared a chart in your boxes explaining the ins and outs of when to have a smoothie (besides always). Now, our Registered Dietitian, Rebecca Lewis, is sharing some insight on the delicious drink.
- Delicious way to drink your fruits and veggies
- You get all the benefits of nutrient-dense fruits and veggies plus you KEEP the fiber (as opposed to juicing)
- No blood sugar spikes, so you can use an equal blend of fruits and veggies
- All you need is a blender!
- Making your own smoothie is cheaper than buying one in the store
- A cup of veggies can be a lot to drink
- You need a liquid in order to blend, so be careful with recipes that call for super sweet fruit juices
- If you want a healthy meal replacement
- Keeping you full and hunger cravings away
- If you’ve ordered take-out all week and are craving greens
- If you struggle to get your 5-a-day
So, in celebration of smoothies, here’s a delicious recipe for you to try at home!
This smoothie is packed with vitamins and nutrients to kickstart your metabolism and immune system. Bonus? It tastes amazing!
Try out our tahini smoothies, too! We have a feeling you’re going to LOVE them.