Smoothie Time! April 5, 2016
You already know we love smoothies. A few weeks ago, we even shared a chart in your boxes explaining the ins and outs of when to have a smoothie (besides always). Now, our Registered Dietitian, Rebecca Lewis, is sharing some insight on the delicious drink.
- Delicious way to drink your fruits and veggies
- You get all the benefits of nutrient-dense fruits and veggies plus you KEEP the fiber (as opposed to juicing)
- No blood sugar spikes, so you can use an equal blend of fruits and veggies
- All you need is a blender!
- Making your own smoothie is cheaper than buying one in the store
- A cup of veggies can be a lot to drink
- You need a liquid in order to blend, so be careful with recipes that call for super sweet fruit juices
- If you want a healthy meal replacement
- Keeping you full and hunger cravings away
- If you’ve ordered take-out all week and are craving greens
- If you struggle to get your 5-a-day
So, in celebration of smoothies, here’s a delicious recipe for you to try at home!
Super Boosted Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana
- ½ cup mango
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup low fat or almond milk
- *For extra flavor: add 1 tsp of cinnamon
- *Boost it up: add 1 Tablespoon of Green Matcha Powder for extra antioxidants
- *Nutrition: 216 Calories, 209% of vitamin A, 30% vitamin B6, 153% of vitamin C
This smoothie is packed with vitamins and nutrients to kickstart your metabolism and immune system. Bonus? It tastes amazing!
Try out our tahini smoothies, too! We have a feeling you’re going to LOVE them.