The Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe August 13, 2019
Your sweet tooth is calling, and this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe is answering. So grab a tall glass of milk, and get ready to dunk.
What better way to light up a room than with a plate of warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies?
And if your plans involve nothing more than cozy’in up at home, well then, lucky you. These classic treats happen to pair perfectly with PJs, couches of all kind, and Netflix. Snuggling highly recommended.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Ounces Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- Coarse Sugar, for rolling
- Flaky Sea Salt, for sprinkling
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Add the butter, both types of sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
2. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Switch the mixer to low, and slowly add the flour and chocolate chips. Beat until just combined.
3. Halve the dough, then wrap each half in plastic wrap.
4. Form the dough into 2 logs, smoothing each out by rolling on the counter.
5. Chill each log until totally firm, about 2 hours.
6. Once cool, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Remove the plastic wrap, brush the outside of the logs with egg wash, and roll in the coarse sugar.
8. Slice each log into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
9. Bake until edges begin to brown, 13-15 minutes.
10. Let cool slightly before serving.
In case you’re in the market for a bit quicker way to get a plate full of warm chocolate chip cookies, you can now add Annie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to your HelloFresh order! All you have to do is break, bake, and dig in.
Looking for even more inspiration in the dessert department? Don’t worry—we’ve got your sweet tooth covered.
Leave a Reply