How To Set Up The Easiest DIY Caramel Apple Bar October 15, 2019
Customizable, assembly-style, party-worthy, kid-proof, adult-approved. ‘Nuff said. Continue reading to learn how to make caramel apples just in time for Halloween.
We couldn’t let autumn pass us by without paying homage to one of the most quintessential fall treats out there — caramel apples! With just a few simple ingredients, a teeny tiny bit of prep, and a big sweet tooth, you can set up your own assembly-style caramel apple bar kids and adults will go crazy over.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the caramel apples:
- 2 Pounds Apples
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- 2 14-Ounce Packages Individually Wrapped Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
For the toppings:
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Toasted Almond Slices
- Toasted Pecan Pieces
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Crushed Oreos
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Refrigerate apples overnight (this will help the caramel stick).
- Wash apples and remove stems. Dry and carefully insert a craft stick where the stem was removed.
- Add caramels to a microwave-safe bowl with milk. Microwave until it reaches a liquidy consistency, 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Mix to combine.
- Quickly pour the caramel sauce over the apples (or roll the cold, dry apples in the sauce until well coated).
- Add your favorite toppings and set aside until it sets.
Need more inspo for your Halloween festivities? We have no shortage of sweet tooth-satisfying recipes, like…